Thursday, April 11, 2002

At the Speed of Blog

Okay, call me amazed. When I started this Blog less than twenty-four hours ago, I wondered whether anyone would notice. I didn't expect to wake up this morning and find it mentioned on two other sites (thanks Amy and Emily!) and emails waiting in my inbox. I only hope this means that some of you will send me your thoughts on Christifideles Laici as we work through it.

One alert reader wrote to inform me that there is a group promoting gay/lesbian causes within the Episcopal Church that goes by the name Integrity. The reader wanted me to know in case I was worried people might think this Blog was related. I don't know how far this group strays from traditional Christian teachings on homosexuality, but I find their name choice to be intriguing. Leave it to groups I likely disagree with to know the value in trying to co-opt important words for their own purposes. I wonder how many young people read older english texts now and have no idea that "gay" once was understood to mean "happy".

In any event, it turns out there are a lot of groups who recognize the values inherent in a word like "integrity". Including several Christian groups and magazines. So it looks like I made a good choice.

Next Post: Reflections on Paragraphs 1 through 3 of Christifideles Laici (hereafter, "CFL")

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home