Tuesday, April 23, 2002

Thanks and Links

First, let me thank those of you who have written me with your condolences about my grandfather's death, especially over at The Federalist Party. Your prayers and thoughts are appreciated.

Later today, I will return to my posts on CFL. In the meantime, check out The Federalist Party's post on the Rome summit and John Mallon's excellent piece on why he isn't ashamed to be Catholic. Both offer some sound wisdom on a subject where most others are offering rants. Catholic bloggers: hopefully we are helping people understand the difference between complaining about a problem and fixing it. I worry that many posts just feed a culture of complaint that I often find among faithful Catholics. Voicing grievances is good (though maybe not best done in blogosphere), but it should be linked with action.

So what on earth does the laity need to do as part of resolving this current problem? More on that next time.

Next Post: Reflections on Paragraphs 16 and 17 of CFL

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home