Saturday, May 18, 2002

Karl over at Summa Contra Mundum has reported that he will be attending an ordination here in the Archdiocese of Chicago. By coincidence, I was opening my mail as I read that post and came across an invitation to attend the profession of perpetual private vows of a friend of mine who is a brother in a new religious community based in Boston. (They moved there at Cardinal Law's request some years ago.) Unfortunately, I won't be able to attend because I will be in Virginia attending my brother's graduation from The Basic School of the Marine Corps. Just as you pray for priests and seminarians, pray for these men and women religious who are committing themselves to a life set aside for God and of service to the rest of the Body. And to my friend, I will send word privately, but for now: congratulations and you have my prayers!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home