Wednesday, May 22, 2002

Newspapers On The Chicago Forums

I've noticed that a lot of bloggers have already linked to the Chicago Sun Times' coverage of last nights forums. I had to laugh when I read the article. Oh, don't get concerned, the article is fine, but it should be clear to anyone who attended the Holy Name Cathedral forum it speaks about that the reporter stayed less than half an hour. The quotes she offers are from the first handful of people who spoke. If she stayed longer, I'm sure she would have had some quotes from some of the victims who were present, even if she didn't mention their names. And it was not 120 people. 75 is far more accurate. Maybe 85 at the most. (I have to say, there were a fair number of other reporters who toughed it out for about half of the evening.)

If you want a more thorough look at what happened, check out my post below. I will be updating it through the day until it is complete. Also check out In Formation and Steve's reflections on the forum that he attended last night.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home