Sunday, June 09, 2002

Sorry, But I've Been Busy

I am sure many of you have been waiting to see the next reflection on CFL. Unfortunately, things have been very busy at work this week, trying to get everything under handle before my vacation starts this weekend. Although I hope to have a series of posts after work tomorrow, frankly, I don't know if that will happen. So don't be surprised if Integrity remains dormant until Monday, June 17th. I may post a few times during my vacation, but I don't think it will be much of a vacation if I spend all my time blogging. In case this is the last post I make for a bit, I leave you with a few thoughts:

  • Unless you can resist the temptation to critique each word or statement of the Bishops, don't watch every minute or much of EWTN's coverage of the Bishops' conference. Frankly, I suspect many of you would watch it like my ex-girlfriend watches beauty pageants: to criticize and think hateful things about the participants. (Come on, admit it.)

  • Spend some time in prayer. Pray that God grants our Bishops His wisdom. Pray for the intercession of St. Joseph as Patron of the Universal Church.

  • Try to remember that the conference isn't the solution to the scandal but the beginning of the solution.
  • Update:I just noticed that Amy Welborn is advertising that she will be providing hourly updates on the Bishops conference next week. My goodness I hope not. I am extremely leery of that idea. It strikes me akin to giving minute-by-minute movie reviews. I don't care what the bishops discuss during the first ten minutes; I care what they discuss during the entire conference. I fear hourly updates will lend themselves to "grading" the bishops "performance" in that segment and not straight reporting. I see little to be gained from not letting at least a day's worth of activity unfold before commenting on it. Hopefully she will prove me wrong and her updates will be useful. Otherwise, she will be doing everyone a disservice.

    0 Comments:

    Post a Comment

    << Home